949-PA13-S Mom, Dad, I'm Searching: The Impact of Search and Reunion on the Family on Saturday, Jan 13, 2018
- Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
949-PA13-S Mom, Dad, I’m Searching: The Impact of Search and Reunion on the Family
Date: Saturday, January 13th, 2018 9:00 AM - 4:00PM
Facilitator: Ann Bagley
Location: Cornerstone Building 402 2nd Street SE Canton, Ohio 44702
- This workshop is specifically designed for adoptive parents of teens and young adults.
The following unique issues facing these parents will be discussed:
- Understanding and dealing with the needs of the young adult regarding adoption issues.
- Understanding the young adult’s desire to search for his birth family.
- Recognizing the stages of the search, and how to help prepare the searcher for the emotional issues likely to surface.
- Identifying stressors, and developing strategies for the family as the young adult begins the search.
This workshop is CSWMFT Board approved for Social Work and Counselor CEUs.
949-05-001, 949-05-004, 949-05-006, 949-05-002, 949-05-005
Register at (330) 451-8246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Limit: 35 Participants
Training Credit: 6 HRS.