The Human Services Division of Job and Family Services provides many services to those in need in Stark County. Our programs are structured to assist in providing financial stability, allowing county residents to meet their individual and family health and nutritional needs.
Here are some of the services that Humam Services offers:
- Ohio Works First (OWF) Cash Assistance
- Food Assistance (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Publicly funded Child Care assistance
- Supportive services such as transportation assistance
- Tune in tomorrow night (December 19) to CBS at 9:00 p.m. to watch "Home For The Holidays." This is a heart-warming show that brings attention to the general public about children waiting in foster care who need adoptive homes. It will feature adoption stories mixed with musical performances by Jennifer Hudson, Train, Earth, Wind & Fire, Rixton, and Katherine McPhee.
- Come see the Heart Gallery on display now at the North Canton Public Library through January 3. The Heart Gallery is a traveling art exhibit featuring portraits of 14 children in Stark County who are waiting to be adopted. These stunning portraits are all created by local artists in order to help these youth find a forever home. The library is located at 185 North Main Street in North Canton.