The Human Services Division of Job and Family Services provides many services to those in need in Stark County. Our programs are structured to assist in providing financial stability, allowing county residents to meet their individual and family health and nutritional needs.
Here are some of the services that Humam Services offers:
- Ohio Works First (OWF) Cash Assistance
- Food Assistance (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Publicly funded Child Care assistance
- Supportive services such as transportation assistance
- The 2015 Senior Forum is September 17th from 9am-1:00pm at the Cultural Center for the Arts.
- A free "Expungement and CQE Informational Clinic" is being held on August 19th at Life Ministries Church (2651 Market Avenue North). Information obtained at this clinic may help an individual received the fresh start they need to become employed. The clinic is from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with 30 minute informational sessions occurring every half hour; the event is being sponsored by our agency, the Stark County Fatherhood Coalition, and Community Legal Aid. If an individual is low income (below the 200% poverty level) and has a child (custodial or non-custodial parent), obtaining an Expungement or CQE will be performed by Community Legal Aid at no cost to the individual. This is a significant opportunity for someone who is being held back by a criminal record, please help get the word out on this event.