Medicaid & Medical Assistance Services
Medicaid is state and federally funded health care coverage. Stark County Job & Family Services administers Medicaid programs that may provide health care coverage for:
- Income-eligible parents and their children up to age 20
- Preventive and treatment services up to age 21
- Pregnant women
- Adults age 65 and older may be eligible
- Ohioans of any age who have disabilities (including those who are legally blind) may also qualify for Medicaid.
- Long Term Care Medicaid for a person with a severe disability or medically unstable condition requiring care from a Nursing facility
- Children in foster care
- Medicaid Expansion (New for 2014) Uninsured individuals with or without dependents and with no limiting physical factors may qualify if at or below 133% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Medicaid Home and Community Based Services that allow people with disabilities to receive care in the home and community instead of a long term care facility, hospital or immediate care facility
- Individuals with low income who are also Medicare eligible may receive help with all or part of their Part-B premiums, coinsurance and/or other deductibles through the Medicare Premium Assistance Program
- Medicaid-Eligible Consumers may receive transportation to any Medicaid-covered appointment (doctor visit, dental visits and vision appointments). Click here for more information on transportation services.
Medicaid is very broad, with two major covered groups, Aged, Blind, and Disabled (ABD), and Covered Families and Children (CF&C). Those who claim to be disabled, but who are not eligible for a regular Medicaid program may qualify through the Disability Determination Area process.
Most Medicaid recipients receive benefit coverage through a Managed Care Plan (MCP).
There are several Medicaid programs. To learn about the different programs, read About Medicaid.
Main Phone: (330) 452-4661
Customer Service Center: (330) 451-8861