Jump to website navigationJump to page content
Home Contact Us About Us Report Child Abuse & Neglect, 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week 330.455.KIDS
  1. Child Support Enforcement
  2. Payee Responsibilities

Child Support Payee Responsibilities

Your child support is your responsibility. Be an active participant in your case.

  • Always alert CSEA of your address and name changes.
  • Keep the CSEA informed of any of the following reasons why an order should terminate including, but not limited to: emancipation of the child, death of any party(child or obligor), child is placed in the custody of the Ohio Department of Youth Services (ODYS), or Children Services (CSB).
  • Cooperate with paternity and support establishment if receiving benefits from Job & Family Services.
  • Enroll your child in your health insurance plan if you are ordered to provide medical coverage for the child by the court/CSEA.

What to do if you are not receiving support payments:

Contact the agency in writing or by phone and request establishment, enforcement or location services.  There is no charge for these services.

Enforcement of Support orders:

If you require our services to enforce a support order, the following information will be requested.  Your assistance can greatly enhance our effectiveness.

  1. Your SETS case number.
  2. Name and address (if known) of the person obligated to pay support.
  3. The obligor's Social Security number and date of birth.
  4. Child (ren)'s birth certificate and Social Security number(s).
  5. Child support order.
  6. A picture of the non-custodial parent, if available.
  7. Name and address of the obligor's most recent employer.
  8. Names of friends or relatives, or organizations to which obligor may belong.
  9. Information pertaining to the obligor's income or assets (i.e. pay stubs, tax returns, bank accounts, investments or property holdings).
  10. Any other information concerning the whereabouts of the obligor.

**Cooperation is mandatory if you are receiving public assistance**


How can I be an effective partner with my Child Support Enforcement Agency? 

BE PREPARED- Your child support investigator needs your help to get information for your case.

  • Name, address, date of birth, Social Security number
  • Name and address of current or most recent employer
  • Any information on income, such as pay stubs or tax returns

BE IN TOUCH-You are the best source of information on your child support case.  If you have a change of address a change of or loss of employment let your child support agency know.  If you have any new information on the Obligor, such as address and place of employment, let the agency know.  

BE INFORMED-Learn all you can about child support.  Know your rights and responsibilities and exercise them.

BE PATIENT-Due to the large number of cases handled by the support agency, there may be delays.  Often, these delays are caused by problems and circumstances outside of the agency.




Children benefit when both parents work together to take care of their children's emotional and financial needs.  This is true even when the parents are not married to one another.  Children have the right to support from both parents.  They do not lose this right even if their parents divorce or never marry. 

When children do not get support, they may:

  • Suffer emotionally and physically
  • Have a reduced standard of living
  • Not have their basic needs met
  • Not support their children when they become parents
  • May not perform as well in school

Parents must work together with the children's best interests in mind to get the children all the financial, medical, and other benefits they are due.


Stark County Commissioners Executive Director
Stark County Job & Family Services
221 3rd St SE
Canton, OH, US 44702
Stark JFS
© 2021 Stark County Job & Family Services. All rights reserved.