About the children waiting to be adopted
The majority of the children waiting to be adopted are over the age of six. Those who await adoption under the age of six are usually part of a sibling group.
All of our children have experienced some level of abuse, neglect or loss. Despite all that has happened in their lives, most of the children in our permanent custody are just like any other children you know. They play, laugh and value friendships. Many are talented artists, musicians and athletes or may be gifted academically. Some may need specialized services to help them become more successful. They all have hopes and dreams for the future. They all deserve permanent, loving and committed families.
If you are interested in a specific child shown on our web site, please call 330-451-8789 to provide us with your contact information. Please note: We must receive your approved adoptive homestudy directly from your home agency to be considered for a waiting child. We regret that we cannot accept homestudies directly from prospective parents.
Information regarding our children can also be found on the Adopt US Kids website at www.adoptuskids.org.
For more information regarding The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and Wendy's Wonderful Kids Child-Focused Recruiters please visit www.davethomasfoundation.org.A heart beside a child's name means he or she has been placed with a potential adoptive family.
- Bruno & Rosco
- Brothers Bruno (16) and Rosco (15) are very close. They are kind, gentle, friendly and share a number of interests. They both enjoy playing football and video games and list their favorite activity as playing basketball. The brothers are…
- Contact: Emily Jones
- Email Contact: Emily.Jones01@jfs.ohio.gov
- Phone Contact: 330.451.8760
- Kayzie and Deziree
- Loving, caring and affectionate describe sisters Kayzie and Deziree. Kayzie is smart and creative and does well in school. Her favorite subject is art and she also enjoys working on the school computers. Kayzie likes coloring, making crafts,…
- Contact: Cayla Dunn
- Email Contact: Cayla.Dunn@jfs.ohio.gov
- Phone Contact: 330.451.8681
- Destanie, Nicholas, Nichole & Melonie
- This very close sibling group hopes to be adopted together by a loving and caring family. Oldest sister, Destanie, is 11 and a fifth grader who likes having lots of friends. She enjoys math, is a Girl Scout and takes art lessons. Destanie…
- Contact: Darrylynn Hamilton
- Email Contact: Darrylynn.Hamilton@jfs.ohio.gov
- Phone Contact: (330) 451-8106
- Iliana and Zaiden In adoptive status
- Siblings Iliana, who likes to be called Ana, and Zaiden, hope to be adopted together. Ana is in kindergarten where she really enjoys recess. Ana is also excited about becoming a very good reader. She would like you to know that she is lots of…
- Contact: Kari Merrick
- Email Contact: Kari.Merrick@jfs.ohio.gov
- Phone Contact: 330-451-8812