Quick Tips for Applying for Cash Assistance
Now you can apply for cash assistance, food assistance and Medicaid online, wherever you can access a Web connection. Just go to http://ODJFSBenefits.ohio.gov and click on “Apply for Benefits.”
• Note that the application is not available during the following times:
- 2-6 a.m. and 9-10 p.m. daily, and
- The second Sunday of each month
• The Web site works best if you use Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. If you need help, each page has a help screen that:
- Explains the questions on the page
- Has a link to an online “Help” page to assist you with the application
- Contains a "Contact" link at the bottom of the page where you can find your county agency’s phone number.
• You can save your application and finish it later. You must submit the application within 30 days of when you start it, or it will be deleted. .
• Do not use the “back,” “forward” or “stop” buttons on your Internet browser to move around in the application. Use the buttons at the bottom of each page to move from page to page within the application.
• As you move through the application, the progress bar on the left side of the screen will turn green when you are done with each section.
• The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to process your application.
• Applications submitted before 5 p.m. (EST) Monday through Friday will be received by your county agency that same business day.
• If you submit your application after 5 p.m. (EST), on a weekend or on a holiday, the county agency will not receive it until the next business day.
• After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation number and e-mail. Be sure to keep these handy when contacting your county.