(NET) Non- Emergency Transportation
Non-Emergency Transportation (NET)
NET is a statewide program administered by Stark County Job & Family Services for Medicaid eligible customers. NET provides transportation to and from any Medicaid-covered appointments (doctor visits, dental visits, and vision appointments, etc.). Transportation authorization may be in the form of bus passes or curb to curb service (SARTA), van services, or self reimbursement. Stark County works with ABCD Transportation to provide service.
Five business days’ notice is required to schedule all trips.
Who is Eligible?
NET services to and from a medical appointment may be provided to:
- Customers eligible for and in receipt of a regular Medicaid card.
Note: Customers must be able to transfer from a wheelchair to a vehicle independently
How do I find out if I'm eligible?
- Call (330) 451-8486 or (330) 451-8449 – Leave a message if prompted
- Faxes can be sent to (330) 451-8859
what information should i have available?
Medical Provider Information
Note: If you omit any of this information, there may be a delay in scheduling your trip. This delay could result in you not receiving your transportation timely.
Self Reimbursement for NET
If you qualify and choose to transport yourself (or have someone else drive you) to and from your Medicaid approved appointments you have the option of self reimbursement.
Self Reimbursement is a program that is paid through Stark County that reimburses you for mileage to and from your Medicaid approved appointments.
What do I need to do to use the Self Reimbursement service?
- Call the NET Coordinators and tell them you would like to use the self reimbursement program. They will verify if you are eligible and, if you are new to the transportation program, set you up in our system.
- A NET Mileage Reimbursement Form will be mailed to you to have you doctor complete and return to Stark County in the provided envelope. The form will then be sent to the appropriate office for reimbursement and a check will be mailed to you.
**Copies of a current and valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance are required for the person driving and must be turned into the NET worker prior to being reimbursed.
**If you are on a spenddown through Medicaid, the spenddown must be met for each month in order to receive reimbursement.
NET Transportation Phone(s): (330) 451-8486 and (330) 451-8449
Customer Service Center: (330) 451-8861
Fax: (330) 451-8159
Address: 221 Third Street SE, Canton, OH 44702