Subsidized Employment Program (SEP)
"A Bright Idea for Growing Your Company"
The Subsidized Employment Program is designed to assist the employer in defraying the cost of hiring and providing training to a new employee. SCJFS wants to help residents return to work and keep their employment as the economy begins to turn around.
HOW SEP WORKS:
Participating businesses and organizations will receive a monthly subsidy of $1,000 for hiring a full-time employee - 30 or more hours per week. Employers receive a monthly subsidy of $600 for hiring a part-time employee - minimum of 20 hours per week and less than 30 hours per week.
- It must be permanent full-time or part-time employment.
- The participant must work a minimum of two weeks in a month for an employer to receive a subsidy for that month.
- The participant must be paid the same rate as other employees doing similar work.
- The participant must be entitled to the same employment benefits as other regular employees of the employer.
- SCJFS, employer and participant enter into a written contract.
- The participant must be a TANF eligible custodial parent or a non-custodial parent with a current child support order.
- The participant's assistance group must meet financial eligibility guidelines.
The next time you need to increase your workforce, please call us.
For more information, call 330-451-8123 or 330-451-8454.